It’s happening!! Very very soon, I’ll be moving to Tucson, Arizona! (More on that later..) Why? Well, here’s some reasons why Tucson is freaking awesome.
1. Arizona has NO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! The entire state of Arizona said NOPE and decided to stop moving their clocks forward and backwards each year. Never have to worry about gaining or losing an hour, and it probably regulates the amount of sunlight in the winter a little better.
2. The food is seriously KILLER. You get the southwest vibes, the Mexican authenticity, and some amazing seafood. And hellooo: IN-N-OUT!!! But the best thing I’ve eaten there so far was a chile relleno burrito… YUM.
3. Arizona is the state with the first OPENLY BISEXUAL member of the U.S. Senate! Kyrsten Sinema served as a district representative for 6 years before getting elected this year into her current position. She is not only making a milestone for the gay community, but she also is Arizona’s first-ever female senator and its first Democratic senator since 1995.* GIRL YOU BETTA WERK.
4. There are so many wonderful ROAD TRIP destinations in range! Tucson is only roughly a 6 hour drive to Las Vegas, a 1 hour drive to Mexico, a 7 hour drive to Los Angeles, 7 hours to Santa Fe, 6 hour drive to San Diego, etc. etc. etc. So for someone who loves to travel and is always down for a road trip, this is a dream!
5. And now, the real reason… two words: GIANT. CACTUS.
More on the big move later. Thanks for reading!
*Kyrsten Sinema makes history as the first bisexual member of the U.S. Senate, Arizona's first-ever female senator, and is first Democratic senator since 1995, according to NBC News.