As I continue my Playboy deep dive, and I found myself rereading all my Playboy favorites. This was my second time reading Bunny Tales by Izabella St. James, which is basically a manual for all things Playboy circa 90’s and 2000’s. If you want some serious inside info, this is where you should go.
The book starts off with Izabella’s back story, which includes her family escaping communism in Poland. The story is interesting but gets a little long, but it’s somewhat important if you want to get to know and understand Izabella. However, if you’re only interested in Hef and the mansion, then skip the first 2-3 chapters and get straight to the good stuff. (Fun Fact: She actually meets Hef somewhat through “Dr. Feelgood,” the dad from Playground!)
The book spends an entire chapter on all the subjects and their details that you’re dying to know:
- The mansion layout and details, including the famous grotto
- Previous girlfriends and the drama behind the rotation of blondes
- The daily routines of Hef
- The weekly routines of the girlfriends
- The girlfriend rules and how they were broken
- The financials spent on the parade of girlfriends and their luxuries
- How things went down in the bedroom
- Events and mansion parties (and the club scene)
- All the ins and outs of Mr Playboy himself, and more!
She gets real, breaks things down, gives you the details of the drama, and probably covers her ass here and there as well, in all honestly. She definitely makes a point to paint herself in a good light in all situations, though she was not separated whatsoever from the scene and the drama.
As someone who wants to know all the behind-the-scenes of the elaborate world that Mr. Hefner created around himself, this book gave me everything I was looking for. The unique insight is captivating and fascinating, and only just scratches the surface of a multi-decade story. With that being said, I definitely intend to read more.
Thanks for reading!